Saturday 21 March 2009

The end of an era - let the new one begin!

So that's life at Rolls-Royce over with!?! Thanks to my colleagues who joined me for a few drinks in the Dolphin Inn in Derby to celebrate the occassion of me leaving. Some very kind words from Ian Hill and fantastic gifts from you all - as I said on the night, exactly what I would have chosen and they will be treasured forever. A few of us carried on into the early hours in some of Derby's other fine establishments, culminating in a late night dance at Scream!

People keep asking me how I feel. I've not really had time to take it all in yet. Besides, I'm not sure whether I can rightfully declare myself unemployed until Monday. It's just an ordinary weekend at the moment.... Actually, we've headed over to the in-laws for the weekend - I'm practising living on the coast and walking along beautiful deserted beaches before breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment